109 East Doe Run Road • Unionville, PA 19375

Tel: (610) 347-1696 • Fax: (610) 347-0148

John Holman

Oct. 1957 – 1959

Called by the Board of American Missions, he established a Lutheran Church in the Kennett Square area.


Richard Krapf

July 1960 – Jan. 1968

He was called by the congregation to be its first pastor. The congregation purchased the church building, parish hall and parsonage on S. Broad Street in Kennett Square. He helped to consolidate and strengthen the ministry of the church in Kennett Square.


John Keiter

1968 – 1971

The congregation became fully self-supporting; no further financial ties remained to the Board of American Missions. Ties were strengthened to other area churches with the development of community Lenten services and a community Vacation Bible School.

About Us

Come join “the friendly church” in town.

Paul Hirth

1971 – 1979

A capital fund drive allowed the purchase of a Rodgers two-manual electronic organ. Work completed by a long-range Planning Committee recommended aggressive growth in several areas. Facilities and parking were inadequate. A Building Committee was formed in 1976 and a capital funds campaign was conducted in 1977. Expansion plans were dropped in 1978.


Ray Foy

Nov. 1979 – 1989

There continued to be a need for a larger facility. In 1983, a difficult decision was made to sell the Broad Street property and purchase property in East Marlborough Township. This decision changed the focus of ministry by the congregation to begin serving a larger geographic area.


Frederick DeRasmo, Jr.

1991 – present

In 1995, the congregation expanded its facility to add a sanctuary, narthex, offices and nursery wing. Pastor DeRasmo continues to support the growth of the congregation and expanded ministries to serve that growth.


 Jonathan Conrad

July 2003 – May 2008

As a result of a growth in membership, an Associate Pastor was added to the staff. His primary focus was in the areas of Christian Education and Youth Ministry. Pastor Conrad relocated during the summer of 2008 and St. Michael once again partnered with Lutheran Theological Seminary at Philadelphia and became an Internship site.